Privacy and protection of personal information policy
Effective: June 2019
We respect your privacy and want to make sure you are aware that any information submitted to Bath Fitter and its independent franchises may be used to call you on the phone number provided to discuss your project. You understand we may use automated technology, including phone, email and text messaging to contact you and that you are in no way required to purchase any product or service.
IF YOU ARE A CLIENT/USER AND PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION ON BATH FITTER AND INDEPENDENT FRANCHISE WEBSITES, YOU AGREE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE HOSTED, TRANSFERRED AND STORED IN THE UNITED STATES, QUEBEC (CANADA) OR VIA CLOUD COMPUTING.
About This Policy
- Use of our websites, including mobile websites (including but not limited to bath-fitter.com/)(the “Website” or “Websites”)
- Visits to our booths/kiosks or attendance at one of our events
- Phone and email communications
- Social media interactions on our Websites and other third party websites like Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram and Twitter
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails
- Through our authorized service providers
This policy does not apply to third-party websites accessible through our Websites, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect
We collect the names, phone number, email and zip code of our customers who completed our online form for a free in-home consultation. Additionally, we may collect your purchase history, billing addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and other digital contact information. We may also collect information that you provide us about others.
When you make a purchase we may collect your payment information, including information from your credit or debit card, check, PayPal account or gift card. If you apply for a Bath Fitter-administered loan or financing, we might collect information related to your application.
We may collect information about reviews you submit and other data like your age and gender.
This includes, but is not limited to, information about your device including IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, page interaction information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. If you use our mobile Websites or other smart device applications we may collect location data obtained from your device. If you use our Websites, we may collect location data obtained from your IP address.
If you apply for an employment opportunity, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself (whether it be in a resume, cover letter or similar employment-related materials, or any applicable pre-screening questions).
We may collect any of the information or content that you provide through our Websites, device applications, or online forums. We might also track the pages you visit, look at what website you came from, or what website you visit when you leave us. We collect this information using the tracking tools described in the “Tracking Techniques” section at the bottom of this page. To control those tools, please read the “Privacy Preferences” and “Our Tracking Techniques” sections.
How Information is Collected
We collect information in the following ways:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. We collect information that you provide to us, including but not limited to, information you provide by filling in forms on our Services, such as information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, registering for a referral program, using a rebate, posting material on the Website, or requesting further services on the Website. We may also ask for this information when you report a problem with our Services or exercise your privacy rights and choices (see “Your Privacy Preferences”).
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage information as described above, and we also may use these technologies, at times in connection with third party services, to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.This Website uses “cookie” technology to obtain non-Personal Information from online visitors. We don’t extract Personal Information in this process. Rather, cookies allow us to update and improve our Website. Even if you set your browser not to accept cookies, you can still use most of the features of the Website. We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons. Please see the “Tracking Techniques” section below for more information.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect for our business purposes, including but not limited to the following:
- To respond to your questions and requests, and to contact you by phone, email, and text, including using automated technology to dial you, to discuss our products, offers, and services and your project.
- Examples include:
- Fulfilling orders, ensuring proper delivery/installation or providing services (e.g. delivering an electronic copy of your receipt)
- Administering your participation in a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion including shipping any prizes you might have won
- Registering you for a particular website, referral program, or extended warranty service or providing you with information regarding programs or services
- Processing a service request
- Responding to a product or service review
- Examples include:
To improve our products and services, including but not limited to the following:
- We may use your information to make Website, device application, or product and service improvements.
- To look at Website and device application trends and customer interests.
- We might use your information to customize your experience with us. We may collect information about your activities on and interactions with various devices and link that information. Through cross-device linking, we provide customers with a consistent experience across devices used. We may also combine information we get from you with information about you we have received from third parties or publicly available sources to assess trends and interests.
For security and loss prevention purposes, including but not limited to the following:
- We may use your information to protect our company, our customers, or our Websites. For example, we might use cameras at our booths/kiosks and at events to track traffic and stock.
For our marketing, including but not limited to the following:
- To manage our communications with you, follow the instructions in the “Privacy Preferences” section below.
- In certain circumstances, we may send you communications about special promotions or offers via regular mail, email, or other electronic channels, including ads on social media platforms. We may send you emails if you have registered on a Website and indicated you want to receive this information or if you gave us your information in one of our booths/kiosks or events. We may also notify you of new Website features or product and service offerings.
- We may send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services in which you may have an interest, including the availability of products and services from our affiliated companies.
- We may share your contact information with or receive your contact information from affiliated companies and companies that we have partnered with, such as franchisors, and this this contact information may be used for marketing purposes. You have the ability to opt-out of these marketing communications at any time.
- We may use information collected across different online services and the various devices you use in order to deliver you marketing communications (including online ads) based on your interests.
- For example, if you view a product on our Website, you may see ads for that product on our or third party websites and applications.
- To communicate with you about your account, our programs, and any rebates.
For employment purposes, including but not limited to the following:
We may use the personal information you provide in connection with a job application or related inquiry for the purpose of processing and responding to your application or inquiry.
For social media, including but not limited to the following:
For other uses we may disclose to you, including but not limited to the following:
We may also use personal information with your consent, and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We may share your information for our business purposes and as legally required or permitted, including but not limited to the following:
- With third parties who perform services on our behalf.
- We share information with our service providers, such as Horizon Next, Google, Quanticmind, Bing, hotjar. We might also authorize our service providers to collect information on our behalf. Some service providers may be located outside of the United States and/or Canada. We might also share information with the vendors and manufacturers of our products and services to respond to your reviews and questions.
- To offer financial products.
- We use service providers to offer financial products, such as Wells Fargo, Snap, Greensky, Aqua Finance, Fortiva & Genesis Creditloans/financings. We may share personal information about our with these service providers in order to provide you with tailored information about products and services and special offers. These service providers also have their own privacy statements that stipulate the manner in which they will collect, and disclose personal information. We encourage you to review each service provider’s privacy statement at the time you submit your application for financial products.
- With any successor to all or part of our business.
- For example, if all or part of our business is sold we may sell or disclose our customer list in preparation for or as part of that transaction.
- In order to comply with the law.
- For example, we will disclose information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also disclose information if a government agency or investigatory body files a request.
- With our business partners.
- For example, we might share information with one of our franchisees or a business partner who is running a joint promotion with us or who provides a product or service in partnership with us. These franchisees and business partners should also have their own privacy statements that set out the manner in which they will collect and disclose personal information. We encourage you to review each such franchisee or business partner’s privacy statement before signing on with them.
- To protect us.
- For example, we will disclose information if we suspect fraud. We will also share information as part of an investigation. We may also disclose personal information to assist us in collecting a debt owed by you.
- By your request.
- For example, if you ask us to provide your information to a third-party to facilitate the resolution of a dispute.
Your Privacy Preferences
You can register or change your preferences to receive or not receive marketing communications from us by emailing us. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we may still contact you for transactional purposes like confirming or following up on an order or service request, responding to customer service inquiries, asking you to review a product or service you have ordered, or notifying you of product/service rebates. If, in the future, you do indeed want to receive marketing communications from us we will remove your information from our opt-out database.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies or alert you when cookies are being sent. Note that some parts of the Services may then be inaccessible or not function properly if you do so.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by contacting us using the information provided in this Policy.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us using the information provided in this Policy. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us using the information provided in this Policy.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Certain data protection laws may provide you with more privacy rights than those listed above, depending on your citizenship or residency.
Our Sites and Children
Our ebsites and device applications are not created for children. To our knowledge, we do not collect information online from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have information about your child, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
While we use industry standard means to protect our Websites and your information, the Internet is not 100% secure. The measures we use are appropriate for the type of information we collect. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our Website.
We have implemented the following:
Remarketing with Google AdSense
Google Display Network Impression Reporting
Demographics and Interests Reporting
DoubleClick Platform Integration
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our Website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
If you have additional questions you may call us at 1-800-594-8776 or reach us by email at email@example.com. You can write to us at: 542 Industrial Drive, Lewisberry, PA 17339.
Effective Date: 6/14/2019
Last Revision Date: 04/27/2022
Our Tracking Techniques
Tracking Tools We Use
We collect personal and other information about users over time and across different websites and devices when you use this Website or service. We also have third parties that collect personal information this way. We and our vendors use several common online tracking tools to collect this information. These may include browser and flash cookies. We may also use web beacons and similar technologies. We or third parties may also collect or receive information from our device applications and others’ device applications and use that information to provide measurement services and targeted ads. We (and our third party service providers) also use these tools:
- To track new visitors to our Websites
- To recognize returning customers
- To learn what site referred you to our Website or device application
- To personalize your experience on our Website, device application and on third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications
- To collect and store geographic data determined by the IP address of your computer
- To optimize and tailor our Websites and device applications
- To make product recommendations and provide you with advertising content we believe may be of interest to you. As part of this customization, we may observe your behaviors on our device applications, our Websites or on other websites. We may also get information about your browsing history from our trusted business partners and vendors
- So we can better understand our audience, our customers, our Website visitors and device application users, and their respective interests, which includes learning about your online activities across devices.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies, and browser add-ons like Ghostery allow you to decide which cookies to activate/deactivate. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. Your device may not give you the ability to control cookies. If you configure your computer to block cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our Websites. If you configure to block or delete cookies, not all of the tracking that we have described in this policy will stop.
Our “Do Not Track” policy: Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you inform websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Controlling Online Interest-Based Ads
We sometimes work with online advertising vendors to provide you with relevant and useful ads. This may include ads served on our Websites or device applications. This may also include ads served on other websites. These ads may be based on information collected by us or third parties. For example, information a third party collects when you register for a website: e.g. your zip code. This might be used to target an ad for people in your area. These ads may also be based on your activities on our Websites or on third party websites.
To opt out of certain interest-based advertising associated with your use of device applications, you may be able to adjust your device settings via the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting for iOS devices or the Android “Opt out of Ads Personalization” setting for Android devices. Please see the support materials for your operating systems or devices for more information.
Some of the social media platforms we work with may serve you with interest-based advertising on their platforms. In addition to or instead of the opt-out mechanism linked above, you may be able to opt out of their interest-based advertising by changing your advertising preferences in the platforms after you log in.
Free In-Home Consultation
The Free In-Home Consultation is an optional form to fill out if you are interested in a Bath Fitter product. You do not have to fill out the form to browse our Website online. When filling out the form, you are asked for personal information such as your name, address, phone number and email address that you select. This information may be used to help our representatives contact you via phone, email, text, mail and other methods to answer any questions or provide you with a free in-home consultation appointment.
Opt-in to receive coupons, schedule consultation, or chat notifications via SMS from Bath Fitter. Message frequency, Reply HELP for help, Reply STOP to stop. Message and data rates may apply. Mobile information will not be shared with third parties for marketing or promotional purposes.